August 02. The increase in duties for issuing a foreign passport will bring to the Federal budget 42.3 billion rubles. Free travel of preferential categories of citizens in commuter trains will cost the budget of Moscow and Moscow region 9 billion rubles.
August prepared for the Russians a number of innovations:
- free travel in suburban electric trains for privileged categories of citizens;
- increase to pension to the working individuals;
- increase in the size of the state duty for the issuance of passports;
- increase in the size of the state duty for the issuance of driver's licenses.
Free travel in suburban trains
About 1.6 million Muscovites and 1.2 million residents of Moscow region will be able to travel free of charge in commuter trains from August 1. This is stated in the message on the official website of the Moscow city hall. This benefit applies to:
- honorary donor;
- parents and legal representatives of children with disabilities under the age of 18;
- one of the parents of a disabled child under the age of 23 who has received vocational education;
- one of the parents in large families;
- a foster parent or guardian who has taken over the upbringing of an orphan child;
- foster care of a child in need of state support.
In order to take advantage of the benefits, a resident of Moscow and Moscow region need to activate the card at any suburban ticket office of the railway station. After that, it will be possible to issue a free ticket at any suburban ticket office of the station or with the help of ticket printing machines.
Preferential categories of citizens from Moscow can travel free of charge in commuter trains of all categories, including high-speed trains and commuter Express trains. Residents of the Moscow region have not received such a right and will be able to travel free of charge only on conventional trains.
The beneficiaries of Moscow can travel free of charge to the final stops of the routes starting from the Moscow railway stations, passing through the territory of Moscow and the Moscow region, as well as a number of adjacent regions (Tver, Kaluga, Vladimir, Ryazan, Tula and Smolensk regions). This means that a free ticket can be issued for electric trains from Moscow to:
To provide a reduced fare on trains for the 1.2 million pensioners and beneficiaries of the Moscow region from the Moscow region budget will be annually allocated some 4.1 billion rubles of this amount, it can be assumed that, to ensure free travel of 1.6 million residents will require more than 5 billion rubles.
Until August 1, free travel in suburban trains in Moscow was only for veterans and disabled people of the great Patriotic war, home front workers, veterans of labor activity, citizens affected by repression, prisoners of concentration camps, orphans, children left without parents, children from large families under the age of 16.
Currently, the fare in the train on the territory of "old Moscow" is 34 RUB Trip in the Moscow region within one zone will cost 22 roubles Last time tariffs for journey in suburban trains was increased on 1 July 2017. Then travel to Moscow has risen by 2 rubles., Moscow region – on 1,5 roubles for one zone. In 2018, the fare has not changed.
The cost of travel in the subway and ground transport in Moscow in January 2018 has risen by 3.8% (from 36 to 38 rubles.). In the Moscow region, public transport fare has risen by 4% - from 46 to 48 rubles.
Increase of pensions to working pensioners
From August 1 pensioners, which, in 2017, employers pay insurance contributions will receive a pension. The amount of the increase will be calculated individually, based on the pensioner's salary. The maximum increase will be 3 pension points, calculated at the cost of 2017. Thus, the maximum increase to the pension of working pensioners will be 235.74 rubles.
The insurance pension for working pensioners will be recalculated automatically. Pensioners do not need to apply to the Pension Fund.
According to official data, as of may 1, 2018, there were about 9 million working pensioners in the country.
Old-age insurance pensions for non-working pensioners were indexed by 3.7% from 1 January 2018. This figure was higher than the official inflation rate in 2017 (2.5%). The average old-age pension increased by RUB 500 (13 800-14 329 RUB.). This increase affected about 40 million non-working pensioners.
On April 1, 2018, 2.9% of social pensions were indexed. The average size of social pension after indexation, according to the Ministry of labor and social protection, increased by 255 rubles. (from 8 807 to 9 062 rubles.).
On August 3, the law on amendments to the Tax code comes into force. These amendments provide for an increase in the amount of state fees for the issuance of a new passport and for the issuance of a new driver's license.
- The state duty for issuing new passports will increase from 3 500 to 5 000 roubles the state duty for issuance of passport for children under 14 years will increase from 1 500 to 2 500 rubles.
- The state duty for the issuance of a new driver's license, if it is made on a plastic basis, will increase from 2 000 to 3 000 rubles.The same amount will have to pay for the restoration or replacement of the driver's license. The state duty for registration of the driver's license of the old model will be 2 000 rubles.
- The state duty for vehicle registration and issuance of the relevant document on a plastic basis will increase from 500 to 1,500 rubles.
Reference: the last time the size of the state fee for the issuance of the passport changed on January 1, 2015. Then the state duty increased from 2 500 to 3 500 rubles for adults and from 1 200 to 1 500 rubles – for children (under 14 years). The state fee for the registration of the old passport then doubled – from 1 000 to 2 000 rubles for adults and from 300 to 1000 rubles. – for children.
Until 3 August, there are the old rates: the state duty for registration of the passport of the old sample – 2 000 RUB. for adults, 1 000 RUB – for children. The state duty for issuing new passports – 3 500 RUB for adults and 1,500 RUB for children.
By the way, about the procedure of registration of the passport you can read in our article "Obtaining a passport in 2018".
#benefits #concessionary travel #free travel #trains #pensions #pensions #legal costs #increase in registration fee #passport #pensions