From 1 of January 2015 will come into force the Federal law of 20.04.2014 №74-FZ "On amendments to the Federal law "On legal status of foreign citizens in the Russian Federation".
This Federal law was enacted pursuant to presidential Decree No. 602 dated 07.05.2012 "On ensuring interethnic consent". This Decree has set to introduce compulsory exams: Russian language, Russian history and the basics of legislation for migrant workers (except highly qualified specialists).
Experts believe that this law will positively affect the situation of migrants in Russia. At the moment many of the migrants coming to the Russian Federation, very bad speak Russian, or do not know Russian language, also they lack knowledge in the field of Russian history and legislation. Experts note that the country has a large number of foreigners, who are not able to adapt to the environment, bad for the General situation in the country will provoke an increase in tensions, poses a threat to the emergence of ethnic conflicts.
The documents confirming knowledge of Russian language, knowledge of basic laws, the history of Russia
To obtain permission for temporary residence, residence permit, work permit, patent, a foreign citizen must provide proof of Russian language proficiency, knowledge of history, of legislation the following documents:
- certificate of Russian language proficiency, knowledge of basic laws and history of Russia;
- the document of state sample about education (not lower than basic General education) issued by the state educational institution on the territory of the state, which was part of the Soviet Union before 01 September 1991.
- the document on education or qualification issued to persons who successfully passed the final attestation in the territory of Russia from 01 September 1991.
From 01 of September 2014 comes into force the requirement for making information about issued certificates in the Federal information system "Federal register of information on documents on education and qualification, documents about learning".
Who is exempt from confirmation of knowledge of Russian language, knowledge of basic laws and history of Russia
From submitting proof of proficiency in Russian, knowledge of Russian history and fundamentals of legislation of the Russian Federation when applying for an MVV, residence permit exempt:
- foreign citizens under the age of 18 years;
- incapable or restricted in legal capacity of foreign citizens;
- foreign citizens who have reached retirement age muzhchiny – 65, women – 60 years);
- foreign nationals participating in the State program of resettlement of compatriots and members of their families migrating together with them;
- highly qualified specialists and their family members.
When submitting documents to obtain a work permit from confirmation of knowledge of Russian language, knowledge of Russian history and fundamentals of legislation of the Russian Federation are exempt:
- foreign nationals who are studying in the Russian Federation in full-time education in vocational educational institutions or educational institutions of higher education having the state accreditation;
- highly qualified specialists.
Foreigners who obtain a work permit or residence permit until 01 January 2015, the documents confirming knowledge of the Russian language, knowledge of Russian history and fundamentals of legislation of the Russian Federation present when renewing residence permits and work permits.
What awaits the foreigner in the exams
Angela Dolzhikova (Vice-rector of PFUR for additional education) reported that the migrants will need to learn the dates of 19 and 50 personalities from the history of Russia. The history exam will include 20 questions with a choice of one of three options. Questions cover significant events from Russian history.
The list of dates and personalities, who will need to learn a foreign citizen, taken, today, it includes 50 figures and 19 dates.
In particular, you will need to remember the date of the Patriotic war, great Patriotic war, the date of the abolition of serfdom, the date of the first manned flight into space.
For exam preparation special course will be opened. These courses will help migrants quickly learn the desired program, effectively prepare for upcoming tests.
On the territory of Samara region courses with subsequent exams will be conducted in the following organizations:
- SSU (Samara state University) – Samara, academician Pavlov str., 1, AUD. 209 (2nd floor), tel : 8-846-337-99-48;
- Togliatti state University – Togliatti, St. Belarusian, 16B, RM. 617, tel: 8-8482-53-95-55;
- Volga state social-humanitarian Academy, Samara, ul. of Maxim Gorky, 65/67 (ATAG), 8-846-269-64-16, 8-846-269-59-72;
- Togliatti branch of the Russian presidential Academy of national economy under the President of Russia – Tolyatti, PR-t of Stepan Razin, 23, AUD. 27, tel: 8-8482-55-67-06.