22 of September. In Russia today came into force the Federal law "About bases of system of prevention of offences in the Russian Federation", which several media outlets have called the law on anti-social behaviour. The law requires the restoration of the system of prevention that existed in Soviet times.
What will change
The new law provides for the creation of a unified prevention system that will include how the work of persons likely to commit offences and assisting alcoholics, addicts and those who suffered from violators.
Preventive work will be engaged not only law enforcement agencies, and municipal and regional authorities.
Who will put on the account
- Violators of the law will be put on record with them, the police will carry out preventive conversation.
- Persons released from places of imprisonment, will help with employment.
- The homeless, drug addicts and alcoholics, as well as other categories of citizens.
- While on the preventive account, in addition to interviews, spoilers are to provide social, counseling, legal, medical and psycho-pedagogical assistance.
- In the case of correction offenders will be removed from the register.
PEP talk will be to explain to the offender his liability to the government, as well as social and legal consequences of continued antisocial behavior.
Interviews will be conducted in the premises, and also at the place of residence, work or school of the offender.
Preventive supervision will conduct law enforcement. They will observe the behavior of the persons who are registered, as well as their observance of the restrictions established in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation.
In addition, the methods of prevention include an official warning about the inadmissibility of antisocial behavior.
- ensuring road safety;
- ensuring public safety;
- prevention of neglect of minors;
- protection of potential objects of terrorist encroachments and places of mass congestion of people;
- protection of property rights;
- combating illegal drug trafficking;
- the fight against corruption;
- environmental protection;
- environmental security, etc.
This system provides for social rehabilitation of persons who are in difficult life situations. Such persons will be provided with professional legal assistance, will be assisted in the recovery of lost documents, receive psychological assistance.
Persons who have suffered from offences, also provided assistance. For them will provide social, legal, medical and psychological assistance and other support.
However, the adopted law contains a lot of controversial issues. For example, in the definition of "public behavior" is listed on "social morality", but in this case the law has no provisions about what is meant by this. This implies that if some law enforcement officer doesn't like the hair, clothes and facial expression of any person, he may take preventive action.
Under the new law, officials can formally request from the citizen to stop anti-social behaviour. This law also allows you to prosecute for failure to fulfill the requirements set out in the official warning. And since the requirement is not always possible to do immediately (e.g. to change shirt), the fines can leak a river.
The provisions of the law, introducing the concept of "preventive care" and "preventive supervision" of the Ministry of interior, Prosecutor's office and bodies of local self-government to gather information about potential violators, that is, in fact, it is surveillance of citizens.
Of course, this law is favorable, the Ministry of internal Affairs, no wonder it was on their initiative the law was introduced in the state Duma. Is it profitable to society? Will it improve the law social situation? These questions, alas, have no answers.