09 April. The majority of foreign citizens who have a patent for work ends with a question about what to do, how to extend it, do they need to leave Russia, and what documents are needed for the extension?
In this article, we tried to answer all possible questions related to how to extend the patent for work in Russia. For convenient navigation on the article you can use the navigation (links are clickable):
- What to do if the term of the patent expires;
- extension of the patent without departure;
- list of documents for the renewal of the patent;
- where to extend the patent;
- what you need to extend the patent;
- for how long can the patent be renewed;
- in what terms it is necessary to extend the patent;
- how to fill in an application for an extension of the patent from the employer;
- a sample of filing an application for the renewal of a patent;
- the form of the employer's application for the renewal of the patent.
What to do if the term of the patent expires
If your patent expires, you can extend it without leaving the territory of the Russian Federation. To do this, you need to collect all the necessary documents and submit a package of documents to the RF Ministry of Internal Affairs' GUVM approximately 30 days before the expiry of the patent.
If the patent expires, it will have to leave the territory of the Russian Federation.
Extension of patent without exit
Once you can extend the patent without leaving the territory of Russia, but on condition that the old patent is not expired.
Renewal of the patent after 12 months is only possible for the same profession and the same region of action as was specified in the old patent.
Important! It is necessary to take into account the time for the preparation of documents for the renewal of the patent, in order to have time to extend the patent until the expiration of the old document.
According to the current legislation, the period for renewing a patent and issuing a new document is from 10 working days. However, do not delay and leave everything on the last day. It is best to apply for a patent extension at least a month before the expiration of the old document.
List of documents for the renewal of the patent
In order to re-register the patent for another year, a foreign citizen must apply to the GUVM of the Ministry of the Interior of the Russian Federation with a package of documents.
List of documents necessary for the renewal of the patent:
- international passport;
- migration card;
- migration registration;
- translation of the passport, notarized;
- Certificate of knowledge of the Russian language, history of Russia and the basis of legislation;
- medical certificate;
- a petition from the employer;
- a copy of the employment contract;
- Checks for the payment of personal income tax for an old patent;
- a policy of voluntary medical insurance.
Where to renew the patent
For the extension of the patent, you should contact the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation. After considering the package of documents within the established timeframe, the Main Administration of the Interior Ministry of Russia will issue a new patent, which will be valid for the next 12 months.
What you need to extend a patent
It is necessary to apply to the GUVM of the Ministry of the Interior of the Russian Federation with a package of documents within the set time (before the expiration of the old patent).
For how long can I extend a patent
The patent is extended for 12 months.
Important! Do not forget about the timely payment of a fixed advance payment of personal income tax on the patent, since in the event of a delay in payment, the patent is automatically canceled.
In what terms is it necessary to extend the patent
Renew the patent until the expiration of the old patent. Usually the procedure for collecting all the documents required for the renewal of a patent takes about 20 days. Therefore, the recommended period for the renewal of the patent is 30 days.
How to fill out an application for an extension of a patent from the employer
An application for the extension of a patent to a foreign citizen is the main document from the employer, who must be able to extend the patent.
At the same time, the petition has a number of requirements that should be observed:
- The application must contain the name of the company. The name of the company indicated in the application must completely coincide with the name of the organization specified in the contract and the notification of employment, sent to the Main Administration of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation.
- in the application must be indicated the profession of a foreign citizen. The profession should also correspond to the profession that is specified in the contract and in the old patent.
- in the application must be indicated the territory of the patent, coinciding with the one specified in the old patent.
Sample of filing an application for renewal of a patent
Application form for the employer to extend the patent
To download the application form from the employer for the extension of the patent to a foreign citizen, you can click on the link.
If the article was useful, please post it and / or share it with friends on social networks.
If you have any questions, ask them in the comments, our specialists will be happy to help you.